- This event has passed.
Postpartum Practice Circle
June 22 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
A welcoming circle for doulas, birth workers, mamas and midwives. Or anyone interested in postpartum practices.
This circle is facilitated by Sarah, global travelling home birth midwife who has gained wisdom and experience connecting with midwives and traditional healing practitioners around the world.
If you work supporting postpartum women and are interested in traditional practices from around the world, this is an opportunity for you to learn first hand. Increase your knowledge and confidence and expand your offerings.
Wisdom and practices shared:
- Drop in with cacao ethically sourced, grown and processed by traditional midwives in Guatemala.
- Plant wisdom. Learn of supportive plants for teas, oils, balms, steams and bathing.
- Yoni steaming and sitz baths. The benefits, plants to use and when to do it.
- Nourishing and intentional nutrition and cooking. Nurturing postpartum food and drink will be shared with you for lunch.
- Belly binding using a faja and bengkung style . Learn the benefits, when and how to bind.
- Resources shared and your questions answered.
- Multiple eBooks with knowledge and practices gifted to you. A follow up email with the information to refer back to.
- Connection and network building.
- Closing song circle.
Secure your place today as tickets are limited. Discounted tickets for students and women identifying as Aboriginal &/or Torres Strait Islander. Please reach out for exchanges and payment plans.
10% of sales from our events always go directly to supporting the preservation of traditional midwifery knowledge through The Midwife Project Guatemala